Grading is based on two parts:
- the elected official’s membership status in the Utah Cultural Caucus and,
- whether or not elected officials voted yes on bills UCA deemed to be beneficial to Utah’s arts, humanities and culture sectors. (there were no negative bills this session)
Extra credit opportunities were included which means it’s possible to be an overachiever and score above 100%. The grading system is as follows:
- Voting in line +2 Points
- Voting out of line +0 Points
- Absent for Voting +1 Point
- Sponsoring in line bills +5 points
- Member of the Cultural Caucus +5 Points
Extra Credit Opportunities
- Sponsored a cultural appropriation +5 Points
- Cultural Caucus Chair for their Party/Chamber +10 Points
- Total out of 27 Points
There were eleven bills in the 2019 General Session that were supported by Utah Cultural Alliance. Each elected official that voted yes on these bills accrued points that go toward their final grade. Click here for a brief description of each bill and why they were endorsed by UCA.
GRADES IN SPREADSHEET FORM (SHOWS EACH VOTE AND THEIR OVERALL PERCENTAGE GRADE) OR SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LEGISLATORS SORTED BY LETTER GRADE.
Do you like this page?