- Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 08:30 AM
- SCERA Center for the Arts in Orem, UT $50.00 USD
Join UCA for the first Annual Meeting of Fundraisers working at cultural organizations and businesses! We have revamped our professional development offerings and have replaced our Culture Bytes panels with half day conferences. Our new training format also serves as an annual meeting for various jobs in the cultural sector. This incldues both nonprofit cultural organziations and for-profit businesses and sole proprietorships. Registration includes lunch!
- 8:30am // Registration opens & networking
- 9am // Planned Giving and Donor Advised Funds (Jeffrey Mathis of Fadel Law Firm & Jeff Kemp of Raymond James)
- 10am // The One That Got Away (Laura Chynoweth, Granted Fundraising Consultants)*
- 11am // Keynote: Sheila Smith, Minnesota Citizens for the Arts
- 12pm // Keynote: Eddie Torres, Grantmakers in the Arts
- 1pm // Funders Panel, hear directly from funders about what they like to see in requests and applications
- Thank you to SCERA Center for the Arts for hosting this conference in their beautiful building!
Registration includes lunch. Please contact [email protected] if you have an special dietary needs, restrictions, or allergies.
Parking: Free parking at the venue
*Sometimes the hardest part of writing grants is not receiving feedback on a losing application. We invite attendees to bring a grant application they were proud of but that did not get funded, and we will go over how to improve it for next go around!
Our first five annual meeting deep dives will include: Executive Directors & Senior Management (May 17), Marketing (May 17), Education (July), Fundraising (Sept 13), and Diversity & Inclusion (Fall). Stay tuned for more details!