Our motto: "a goal without a plan is just a wish." We at Utah Cultural Alliance are strategizers and planners.
Read our completed and current strategic plans here:
- 2018-2023 strategic plan
- 2016-2021 strategic plan (finished 3 years early)
When we finished our 2018-2023 plan early again we knew it was time to think bigger! Be reorganizing our three boards (down to two) and solidifying our programs into 8 key areas with a special project we planned for 2021-2025. You can find a summary of our programs and their respective goals on the following slides.
We finished our 2016-21 plan three years early, so throughout the summer of 2018 the board and staff of UCA worked on a new plan. We wanted this strategic plan to be truly representative of our members. Hence, UCA staff embarked on an epic 6 week road trip, meeting with 75 members individually and surveyed the remaining 200! Let’s just say our ED put on a few thousand miles on her car and spanned the entire state multiple times. Here's a video summary of the plan.
- Renamed the 501c4 to Utah Cultural Alliance because we want to lobby under the name that’s known. The 501c3 is renamed as Utahns for Culture (Utah Cultural Alliance Foundation).
- Refined our mission & vision: the 501c4 advocates; both 501c3s (Now Playing Utah and Utahns for Culture) amplify culture.
- Set an ambitious advocacy agenda focused on funding, education, cultural champions, and easing regulations.
- nowplayingutah.com (NPU) is now a project of Utah Cultural Alliance and allows us to better amplify the humanities and arts.
- Professional development programming replaced with mission-centric storytelling trainings. UCA will amplify the professional development that’s already out there.
- Offer more data services including access to WESTAF’s Creative Vitality Suite for members.
- Simplified memberships, made dues more fair, and strengthened benefits.
Do you like this page?