Cultural engagement is part of Utah's Social DNA
- Utah's LDS pioneers built a theater before any other structure
- Utah's public lands house the largest collection of Native American rock art in the world
- Utah is home to the oldest arts council in the country
- Utah is the #1 state in the country for live arts creation (all mediums)
- Utahns check out more children's books than any other state
- Utah has more libraries than McDonalds restaurants
Cultural engagement enriches life and increases quality of life
- Arts, humanities, and cultural businesses make our communities more attractive, vibrant, and livable.
- In this dog eat dog world, we need to cultivate the kinder side of America through the arts and humanities. Cruelty and violence may reign, but the arts & humanities mitigate violence. Music, dance, literature, history, and the humanities have all outlived negativity.
- 10 things the arts teach (compiled by Utah Division of Arts & Museums)
Check out our favorite studies and research on our Pinterest board below
Do you like this page?