Salt Lake County plans to contract with a Utah artist or artist team to create a unique artwork that will be installed at the new Parks & Public Works Operations Center located at 6332 South Airport Road, West Jordan. This public art project presents an opportunity for an exterior sculptural component.
The artwork selected for this project should address one or more of the following goals:
- · To reflect recreation
- · To have a natural and industrial feel through the use of materials with natural tones.
- · To complement the exterior architectural elements of the facility.
- · To be a quality work of art.
- · The work must be able to hold up and be easily maintained in a public setting.
- · The work must be safe for a public setting.
Time Frames of Work to be Performed:
Proposal Deadline; Thursday August 17th 2:00pm
Notice to proceed and contract will be issued September/October 2017.
Anticipated completion date; early spring 2018.
Total Budget Appropriated:
$35,000.00 has been budgeted for this project
The Request for Proposals is now available on line at the link below, or you can email me directly and request a PDF copy.
Public Art Program Manager
Salt Lake County Center for the Arts