Joylin Lincoln // Republican // Utah State School Board of Education District 9 (A-)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
The arts have been a part of my life since I was four years old, when I began taking piano lessons. Technically it might have been earlier when I "fixed" the oil painting my mother was working on, but she was not amused. I have utilized the leadership skills I developed participating in high school band my whole life. Arts, culture, and humanities are a part of my everyday life and I can not imagine living without them.
Do you like this page?