Joseph Speciale // Libertarian // Utah House of Representatives District 19 (A-)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
I love the arts for expressing what is often seemingly inexpressible. I have always been enamored by culture and humanities. I was a history major at the U, and loved learning about a wide variety of peoples. Cultural exploration has allowed me to experience a thousand lifetimes; I've stowed away in the hold of a doomed merchant vessel, heard the injustice of the whip and the gavel, been chased across the plains, danced along the Champs-Elysee, seen beauty where I thought none, and marched to the drums of war.
Do you like this page?