Elisabeth Luntz // Democrat // Utah State House of Representatives District 27 (A)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Yes. I have served on our City Arts Council. I created a after-school arts enrichment program at a nearby title one school with a grant I was awarded. I directed this program for two years. Serving children in the arts is the most rewarding experience I have ever had. I emphasized creativity rather than mastery of a style and I made sure they had high quality products so they would enjoy their work.
Id like to learn more about the 1% of building costs to public art proposal, I'm not informed about this proposal yet.