- As cultural businesses, we employ 155,551 Utahns (click here for statewide stats)
- UT’s cultural businesses generate over $4.8 billion in earnings and $15 billion in sales
- Cultural industry jobs in Utah grew by 4% making it the third fastest growing state in the nation
- Utah businesses say a thriving cultural scene is the #1 factor for choosing where to locate
- Vibrant arts & humanities offerings attract tourists
In a recent study (March 2021) conducted by Y2 analytics on behalf of the Utah Cultural Alliance, Utah Department of Heritage & Arts, and Salt Lake County Arts and Culture 1,104 Utah voters were sampled with an oversample of 649 Salt Lake County voters. The margin of error for this study is approximately +-3.0 percentage points.
These voters indicated that prior to the pandemic AVERAGE SPENDING per event EXCEEDED $100 per person when asked to think about the last time they participated in cultural events. This spending is distributed not just among admission to these events but concessions, merchandise, transportation, dining and lodging. A vibrant Cultural Industry gives back to the industries around it. Additionally, those surveyed indicated they anticipate spending more after the pandemic when they visit live events. See more results from the study here.
Click the images to zoom in.
Want to see more about the benefits to the economy? Check out our favorite articles and studies on our Pinterest board below!
Do you like this page?