Dan Johnson // Republican // Utah House of Representatives District 4 (A+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: As an educator, I built difficult master schedules around the arts. This insured all students had access and provided equity.
Explanations or Comments:
I have personally experienced the impact that the arts have had on the lives of those that I have had the privilege to supervise. The arts allow us to educate the whole child.
Do you like this page?