Hello Arts Education Network,A few updates:
- Just announced: a new Arts Educator Professional Development grant competition. From the announcement: “The Professional Development for Arts Educators grant (PDAE) specifically supports the implementation of high-quality model professional development programs for arts educators and other instructional staff in the areas of music, dance, drama, media arts, and visual arts, including folk arts, for students in kindergarten through grade 12 (K-12) in which 50 percent or more of the students are from low-income families.”This is the first Arts in Education program competition under the Every Student Succeeds Act and up to $7.1 million is available for PDAE grants that will be awarded this summer. The application deadline is May 30, 2017. Here are key links to the announcement and other relevant information about the competition:
- general information on the new competition
- Applicant Information and Eligibility
- Federal Register announcement
- The USED Arts Ed office is requesting your assistance in a search for PDAE peer reviewers, who will be arts educators and arts-integration teachers; principals, school administrators, and professional development experts; and educational evaluators. See the Call for Peer Reviewers information at https://innovation.ed.gov/what-we-do/arts/arts-in-education-professional-development-for-arts-educators/, and attached is a PDF of the call to assist you in getting word of this opportunity to your constituents and members. Persons interested in serving as peer reviewers are requested to submit required information by April 28.
- Please note that Americans for the Arts published “A Decade of Federal Arts In Education Funding: Trends, Analysis and the Story Behind the First Ten Years” which may be relevant to interested grant applicants._______________________________
Narric W. Rome
Vice President of Government Affairs & Arts Education
Americans for the Arts
1000 Vermont Avenue, NW, 6th Floor
Washington, DC 20005-4940
202.371.2830 ext 2060
firstname.lastname@example.org | @NarricAFTA
Do you like this post?