Legal Information & Services
Kennedy Art & Entertainment Law LLC
Michelle Kennedy is dedicated to serving artists, small business owners, and entertainment industry professionals in your creative endeavors. She is experienced in intellectual property protection and business management. Michelle supplements her knowledge of the law by maintaining first-hand industry experience through her own artistic pursuits.
Ed Sweeney PLLC
With 29 years of experience in non-profit governance Ed can help you find answers to legal questions involving: sustainability; accountability; mission fulfillment; board and administration communication; transparency; compliance; board structure; conflicts of interest; tax compliance; and malfeasance.
PO Box 58874, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84158
The Kirton McConkie non-profit attorneys work closely with tax-exempt organizations on start-up plans, entity formation, organization, governance, state and federal compliance, unrelated business income tax, planned giving strategies and other critical legal and business matters.
Our attorneys have a wealth of legal experience representing charitable and civic organizations, membership organizations, foundations and other tax exempt organizations and have amassed practical experience through their community involvement as board members of non-profit organizations.
Our attorneys who specialize in working with non-profits offer these services:
- Consulting and assisting clients with the initial stages of entity formation and issues surrounding qualification for tax exemption
- Assisting with general business, operations and policy matters related to real estate, intellectual property, contracts, contributions, insurance and other issues pertinent to the organization, including unrelated business income tax issues
- Preparing organizational documents such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, policies and trusts
- Preparing the application to the Internal Revenue Service to request tax exempt status and obtaining state tax exemption
- Providing guidance on necessary licenses and permits, including charitable solicitation compliance across the U.S.
- Providing counsel relating to qualification, selection and operation of boards of directors, including fiduciary duties and liability issues
- Counseling charities with respect to planned giving, including gift acceptance policies, due diligence concerns, and tax strategies
- Establishing charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts and charitable gift annuities
- Preparing agreements for fundraising, sponsorship licensing and marketing
- Representing exempt organizations and related parties in tax disputes and IRS audits
60 East South Temple Suite 1800, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84111
Nonprofit Legal Services of Utah
Nonprofit Legal Services of Utah, a Utah Nonprofit Corporation, is dedicated to serving the legal needs of nonprofit organizations. From incorporation, to applying for 501(c)(3) status, to meeting the daily legal needs of your organization, we are here to help. We offer flexible and affordable pricing on a sliding scale based on the size of your organization. NLSU specializes in working with small and start up nonprofits, and will tailor our approach to the specific circumstances you are facing.
P.O. Box 520874,Salt Lake City,Utah, 84152
Ray Quinney & Nebeker P.C.
Ray Quinney & Nebeker is a leading law firm in the intermountain region in the areas of charitable and exempt organizations, planned giving and nonprofit law. Our lawyers represent a diverse range of clients including some of the largest private foundations in the intermountain region, universities, colleges and other educational organizations, amateur sports organizations, museums, hospitals and health care organizations, social clubs, governmental organizations and many other charitable and exempt organizations, both large and small. We assist entities qualifying for exempt status with the IRS and state governments, and guide them through federal and state tax audits. We also provide administration services including accounting and tax return preparation for clients requesting these services.
36 S. State Street, Suite 1400, Salt Lake City, UT, 84111