Park City Film Series Marketing Coordinator
The Park City Film Series (Film Series) is seeking a full time Marketing Coordinator. The selected candidate will work closely with the Executive Director and be responsible for the marketing and promotion of all films and film-based events, securing underwriters for weekend films and sponsors for special screenings, supporting the Film Series’ membership program and the planning and execution of special events.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
· Promotion: creation of print and web ads, radio PSA’s and Facebook events; insuring that film information on web site is up to date; creation and distribution of print film calendars; managing the social media presence for the Film Series on Facebook and Instagram.
· Membership Program: recruiting new members, fulfilling membership benefits, creating and executing special events for members.
· Planning and operational support: Special fundraising events (Live PC Give PC, private member events/screenings and the annual Oscar Party) and film-based events at the Jim Santy Auditorium.
· Volunteer Recruitment and coordination: Weekend and special screenings and for Sundance Film Festival concession operations.
· Sponsorships: Securing underwriters for weekend films and special mini-film series.
· Communications: Insure clear communication about the programs and events offered by the Film Series to patrons, Film Series members, members of the general public that are interested in independent film and, the media.
· Work a minimum of one evening screening per week.
The Film Series Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of Film Series Executive Director in the Park City Film Series office inside the Park City Library Building.
Required Skills: Strong organizational skills and event planning experience. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable speaking in front of large crowds. Demonstrate maturity in decision-making and communication and be detail oriented. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, basic graphic design, email, Internet and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Interest in Independent Film and/or filmmaking is required. Must be a self-starter, well organized and able to work on nights and weekends as determined by the programming schedule – particularly important during the annual Sundance Film Festival.
Desired Skills: Knowledge of the Park City community and non-profit organizations. Knowledge of film exhibition and art house cinema programming. Ability to create and adapt Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or Acrobat files for print publication.
Special Requirements: This job requires the ability to work independently and make decisions based on the Park City Film’s mission, vision and policy. Must be able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends. Must be able to think and act quickly under pressure, work within tight deadlines and be task oriented.
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, at-will position within the organization. Salary range: $30,000-$33,000, depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off and flexible work hours. Preferred start date: August 14, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email (do not mail) your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Park City Film Series
The Park City Film Series is Summit County’s only nonprofit Art House Cinema. A Park City staple since 1999, the Film Series has established itself as a vital, contributing member of the arts community. We accomplish this through the screening of independent, foreign and documentary films each weekend and our programming of post-screening Q&A’s and panel discussions that deepen the community dialogue around the issues raised by the films we screen. In addition, we support area non-profits through free community screenings and film-based fundraisers. Our vision is to use film as a medium to entertain, inspire and educate our patrons, helping Park City remain a well informed and engaged mountain community. Our mission is to create community through film.
The Park City Film Series is an equal opportunity employer. For details on the Park City Film Series, please visit: www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Do you like this post?