FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 14, 2017
OGDEN NATURE CENTER
966 W. 12th St., Ogden, UT 84404
JOSALEIGH POLLETT SUMMER CONCERT AT OGDEN NATURE CENTER
Ogden, UT -- Outdoor concerts at the Ogden Nature Center combine an unrivaled outdoor setting with fresh, talented musicians! Held in the glen behind the rustic Visitor Center, these summer evenings invite you to bring a picnic blanket, take off your shoes, enjoy a sunset, and tap your toes to some amazing, live music.
Bring your family and friends, a picnic dinner, drinks, low-rise chairs or a blanket, and enjoy an outdoor concert at the Ogden Nature Center.
Josaleigh Pollett and The Strangers -- August 5, 7 pm
Tickets are $12 for adults / $8 for children 12 and under
At the door $15 for adults / $10 for children
Warm, smooth, folksie... get ready for a local treat! Josaleigh will play a solo set and a set with her full band including acoustic guitar, lead guitar, cello, bass, piano, banjo and two back-up vocalists.
“A writer of heartwarming folk music, Josaleigh was born and raised in Ogden, just miles from Salt Lake City. She grew up in a musical family, picking up an instrument at a young age and quickly developing a desire to create her own intimate brand of folk.” - Tyler Bowles, SALT Artists
"Josaleigh Pollett is an Ogden native - she has been singing and working behind the counter in local coffee shops since she was in high school. Her heartwarming folk music is influenced by the likes of Neko Case and Sharon Van Etten - a touch of hopefulness and sadness linger in each line. After briefly living in Seattle, Josaleigh now lives in Salt Lake City and has developed a warm, inviting indie-folk sound with a new band comprised of a variety of talented local musicians. Usually a solo act, she just finished recording her newest album with help from local label Lavender Vinyl, along with a full band composed of strings, keys, and more. "Strangers" is available online now and will soon be available on vinyl!
Joined by SLC and Ogden musicians Jory Carroll, Genevieve Smith (Wing & Claw), Carson Wolfe (Vincent Draper), Spencer Howe, Kat Day and Casey Romney (Goose Chase), Joe Kingston, and Harvey Day, Josaleigh's newest album is ten songs telling stories of finding love and confidence, losing them both, and what happens next.
Listen to Josaleigh Pollett and The Strangers at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vcBCfCRpHk
Tickets may be purchased:
• Online at www.ogdennaturecenter.org <http://www.ogdennaturecenter.org>
• By phone at 801-621-7595
• In person at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden
• Concerts begin at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
• Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets -- they are all welcome.
• The concerts will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered when you purchase concert tickets! $11 each. Choices include:
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following organizations and individuals for making the Ogden Nature Center Summer Concerts possible: The Standard Examiner, Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Joan Evans Ahlf, and Courtyard Marriott Ogden.