Moab, Utah ~October 14, 2017
In recognition of the benefits that public art brings to the culture and economy of the community, Moab City and Grand County have committed to purchasing a piece from this exhibition valued up to $10,000 for the permanent collection. Through the duration of the exhibit, residents and visitors will be encouraged to vote. The winner will be the “People’s Choice” and will receive a $1000 award. The ballot for peoples’ choice will include a narrative section which can help guide city planners in the development of the public collection, and in the curation of the commonly held spaces suitable for artistic commemoration.
Mark the dates! To find out more, to get involved in this new public art program and to submit works that just might become part of the lasting beauty of Moab, go to www.moabarttrails.org.
Mission: Moab ArTTrails is a non-profit public arts organization that celebrates and preserves the vibrant culture and resilient beauty of place through the exhibition and procurement of artworks for the public’s permanent collection.
- Completed application
- Up to four quality jpeg images for each sculpture submitted(front, back, side, other).
- Name files with artist name, entry number and image number. E.G: smith1.1.jpg, smith1.2.jpg, smith2.3.jpg, etc..
- Moab ArTTrails reserves the right to use images of selected artwork for publicity.
- Deadline for Submissions- August 18, 2017 before midnight MDT
- Notification of Selection- September 2-9, 2017
- Installation and artists opening reception- October 14, 2017
To submit by mail with a paper application and images on CD or thumbdrive send to:
MARTT 2017 Exhibition
Hc64 Box 1711
Castle Valley, Ut, 84532
Material sent by mail will only be returned if SASE is provided.
To submit electronically: Attach all documents to email and send to:
For questions or additional information contact Michael Ford Dunton, Martt Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-259-2709 or Christy Williams-Dunton, Martt Creative Director at email@example.com
For more about the Red Rock Arts Festival (formerly plein air): https://www.redrockartsfestival.com/