RDT looking for choreographers to compete for commission.
View this email in your browser
CALL FOR CHOREOGRAPHERS
RDT’s REGALIA Choreography Competition – February 2018
Submissions for the opportunity to compete for an RDT commission are being accepted.
Proposals will be accepted from choreographers working as professionals or pre-professionals ages 20 and up.
Four selected COMPETITORS will vie for the commission by creating a 5-7 minute work in 4 hourson Feb 24, 2018 during RDT’s Regalia event.
The Regalia audience will award the RDT commission.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: December 8, 2017Submissions can be processed online at: www.rdtutah.org/shows/regalia2018
Submissions must include:
- Full name, mailing address, and email contact
- Links to samples of previous work on YouTube, Vimeo, etc. RDT will not view more than 10 mins total for any applicant
- Current resume
- Short written proposal: Propose an idea for a new work. Explain choreographic intent, music, number of dancers, production needs, and description: dramatic, satire, abstract, humor, political, environmental, etc.
Each submission will be reviewed by Repertory Dance Theatre with 4 submissions being selected to compete in the Regalia event on February 24, 2018.
Questions regarding submissions can be directed to Nicholas Cendese at email@example.com.
Announcement of 4 selected submissions will be made January 1, 2018.
The four selected competitors will be expected to attend RDT’s Regalia event, Saturday, February 24, 2018 and be involved from 2:30 PM until 9:00 PM. Each choreographer will work with 6-8 dancers during 4 hours of rehearsal time to create a 5-7-minute minute piece. The audience will vote for their favorite and the winner of the competition will be awarded a new commission with Repertory Dance Theatre during its 2018-2019 season
The winner of the Regalia competition will:
- Be awarded a commission of $3000 during the 2018-2019 season to create a piece 10-12 mins in length featuring 8 dancers.
- Choreographic/rehearsal time with RDT will not exceed 10 working days, 5 hours a day
- Premiere of the work will occur sometime during RDT’s 2018-2019 season.
- Travel, per diem, housing, and transportation costs will NOT be covered by RDT.
Repertory Dance Theatre (RDT), founded in 1966 in Salt Lake City, Utah, is a professional modern dance repertory company dedicated to the creation, performance, perpetuation and appreciation of dance. Known worldwide for its collection of dance treasures, RDT is both a museum and contemporary gallery representing the scope and diversity of modern dance, past and present. RDT is a resource center and laboratory for contemporary dancers, choreographers, visual artists, writers and composers.
Copyright © 2017 Repertory Dance Theatre, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have shown interest in RDT events in the past.
Our mailing address is:
Repertory Dance TheatrePO Box 510427Salt Lake City, UT 84151
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list