Learn & Connect with the Arts Field—Anytime, Anywhere!
As we approach the one year anniversary of the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), we can reflect on how the new law is taking shape in states across America. What is our role in advocating for state arts education policy shaped by ESSA? What can we learn from others who have already started? How do we plan for and engage our stakeholders in joining the cause?
- · Jeff M Poulin, Arts Education Program Manager, Americans for the Arts
When we talk about federal government funding for the arts, we typically think of the National Endowment for the Arts, but U.S. Department of Agriculture's Rural Development budget not only dwarfs that of the NEA, but contains programs for which arts organizations may be eligible. Join us for an overview of USDA programs that arts organizations can utilize, the people to know, and tips to make your organization stand out.
- · Bill Menner, Iowa State Director, U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
- · Jay Dick, Senior Director of State and Local Government Affairs, Americans for the Arts
Join the AFTA Emerging Leaders Council, to discuss and explore ways arts administrators across the country are organizing artists and their communities after the election.
- · Elisheba "Liz" Johnson, Public Art Project Manager, Seattle Office of Arts & Culture, EL Councilmember, @curatingalife
A thriving network chapter needs a clear structure and strategy to ensure continuity and relevant programming. Join consultant and planning expert Alison T. McNeil and Emerging Arts Leaders/Los Angeles Advisory Board member Lauren Nichols for a conversation on how to approach the planning process in order to create a strong framework and grow a successful and sustainable network.
- · Alison T. McNeil, Founder & President of McNeil Creative Enterprises,
- · Lauren Nichols, Program Associate, Anthony and Jeanne Pritzker Family Foundation & Advisory Board Member, Emerging Arts Leaders Los Angeles
Americans for the Arts thanks
American Express for its Generous Support of ArtsU