Stan Summers // Republican // Box Elder County Commissioner
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- The modern ballet was started in my county in Brigham City/ Box Elder county. The Christensen academy has been an important part of our history and ballet West is a treasure in our state!
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- I testified at the state to help ballet west
Items of Legislation I support:
- I support the RAP tax
- I will ensure existing fund balances are preserved for recreation, cultural organizations, and parks
- Percent for public art programs, which optionally designate 1% of government capital costs for public art
- My county's redevelopment authority should have a public art ordinance
- Friendly ordinances that encourage public and private mural creation
- Increased investment in public art projects to encourage murals, sculptures, utility wraps, and more
I believe percent for art ordinances should apply to:
- Public buildings
- All government capital projects
Anything else we should know about you?
- We have supported murals in the city of Tremonton I think we have 15 now and more to come!
Do you like this page?