Shanell Day // Democrat // Utah House of Representatives District 14 (A)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
My children's public school does not have an art program. The PTA raised funds and purchased a program and supplies. We rely on parent volunteers to teach those lessons. I am one of those volunteers. I love sharing my passion for art with these kids and bring them understand their potential- it is what I look forward to every day more than pretty much anything else. However, I am concerned that we have to rely on volunteers for such an important part of our kids' education and development.
Do you like this page?