Robert Love // Independent // Washington County Commissioner (C)
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- I enjoy the beauty in the arts and have learned some good information on culture and history
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- $ 50,000
Items of Legislation I support:
- I will ensure existing fund balances are preserved for recreation, cultural organizations, and parks
- Percent for public art programs, which optionally designate 1% of government capital costs for public art
- My county's redevelopment authority should have a public art ordinance
- Increased investment in public art projects to encourage murals, sculptures, utility wraps, and more
Would you elaborate on your answers above?
- I don’t believe in taxes.
I believe percent for art ordinances should apply to:
- Public buildings
- All government capital projects
Anything else we should know about you?
- Conservative, fiscally responsible, preserve history
Do you like this post?