Robert Ford // Democrat (A+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: "I am a photographer and member of several arts groups in Southern Utah and helped launch the successful program known as:
I have found photography to be a major tool for doing the advocacy and promotion I've done around the world dealing with biodiversity conservation, cultural preservation, and social & economic development. It has been a mainstay as part of my previous career as an academic, geographer and development specialist. And photography has been my personal passion for 50+ years."
Do you like this page?