Rex Dungan // Republican // Iron County Assessor (D+)
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- I enjoy being transcended, even if only for a moment, when I have the opportunity to enjoy certain performances. I'm grateful to have these programs nearby and available for my entertainment.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- Advocacy for future support and availability.
Items of Legislation I support:
- I support the RAP tax
- I will ensure existing fund balances are preserved for recreation, cultural organizations, and parks
- Percent for public art programs, which optionally designate 1% of government capital costs for public art
- My county's redevelopment authority should have a public art ordinance
Would you elaborate on your answers above?
- I believe in organizing passive support that can be accessed, regardless of political perspective, for the benefit of those that aren't able to sustain such a reserve.
I believe percent for art ordinances should apply to:
- Public buildings
- Private Developments
Do you like this post?