Randy Elliott // Republican // Davis County Commission
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- I have four girls who love to draw, paint, dance and sing so we love them.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- We have helped with bountiful arts, Layton and center point.
Items of Legislation I support:
- I support the RAP tax
- I will ensure existing fund balances are preserved for recreation, cultural organizations, and parks
- Percent for public art programs, which optionally designate 1% of government capital costs for public art
- Friendly ordinances that encourage public and private mural creation
- Increased investment in public art projects to encourage murals, sculptures, utility wraps, and more
Would you elaborate on your answers above?
- Given my educational background, support for the arts, and outlook on humanity, I would even seek to increase RAP funding in SL County.
I believe percent for art ordinances should apply to:
- Public buildings
- All government capital projects
Anything else we should know about you?
- During my term I have been very supportive of the arts in my county
Do you like this page?