Paul Child // Republican // Utah County Recorder (C-)
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- The expression of feelings introduces not only the feelings of self but of others and the beauty of that.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- I believe that means providing tax revenue to the benefit of what it was approved by the voters to do.
Items of Legislation I support:
- My county's redevelopment authority should have a public art ordinance
- Friendly ordinances that encourage public and private mural creation
- Increased investment in public art projects to encourage murals, sculptures, utility wraps, and more
Would you elaborate on your answers above?
- I won't have a legislative position to pass a RAP tax.
I believe percent for art ordinances should apply to:
- Public buildings
- All government capital projects
Anything else we should know about you?
- I really love the photography medium as well as plays, dancing exhibitions.
Do you like this post?