The Project Open apartments, located at 355 North 500 West, are Giv Group’s recent addition to expand the arts to the west neighborhoods of Salt Lake City and add to the dynamic community. The listed monthly rental and caliber of the apartments will interest everyone despite background, profession or range of income, and, with the inclusion of on-site artist studios, will also allow for the addition of working creative types.
The studio spaces will range in size from 145 sq. ft. to 397 sq. ft. and will lease for $150 to $250 per month with some studio spaces being large enough for multiple artists to potentially occupy. Studio space sharing will depend on both space and artistic medium. This studio opportunity is for Project Open residents only, and, once selected for a space, will be an additional leasing opportunity that will coincide with a resident’s apartment lease for up to a year.
Craft Lake City will only be considering studio applications from approved residents moving into Project Open. Studio applications will be sent out by the leasing office upon becoming a resident of Project Open
Applicants will need to have the following items ready to complete their digital application:
- A PDF version of a current resume
- Five images of current work, in JPG, JPEG or PDF format, and, if available, a link that you would also like to include for a portfolio site, i.e., a personal website or Behance, or other online source that shows a relevant body of work, such as an Etsy shop
- A link to a 2-minute maximum video resume and statement of intent that has been uploaded to Youtube. The video DOES NOT need to be a professional recording and can be recorded using a phone. Your video should feature YOU, the applicant, addressing the six topics listed below:
- State your name and medium
- What value do you see in being among a community of other creatives?
- What does community mean to you and the success of your creativity?
- How would you be interested in creatively and artistically contributing to your neighborhood?
- What are the purposes and needs of the studio space you require, if your application is accepted?
- Anything else you would like for us to know?
Should applicants require any assistance with any components of the application, please contact Craft Lake City at (801) 906-8521 or firstname.lastname@example.org, as we would be happy to help you! From converting your resume to a PDF or creating and uploading your video resume/statement of intent, we can help!
To speak with a Craft Lake City representative about the studio application and/or process, please contact the Craft Lake City office by phone (801) 906-8521 or email email@example.com. Studio application timeline and information will be sent to residents of Project Open with the application link.
Even if artists and future residents of Project Open choose not to apply for a studio space, the apartment units are still a fantastic chance for an affordable lifestyle near downtown Salt Lake. Project Open is cost neutral through 100% solar panel power and is within close proximity to sustainable and economical Frontrunner and Trax transportation options. Project Open has many benefits and amenities at the monthly cost that is feasible for independently working creatives and can expect many benefits.