Meaghan Miller // Democrat // Utah House of Representatives District 54 (A+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
I grew up as a figure skater. The self expression, self-esteem and team building skills have followed me from childhood to adulthood and benefited me as a professional. We all need access to the arts from early childhood through adulthood. Art and humanities exposure stimulates creativity, teaches outside the box thinking and creates a well rounded person.
Thank you for all you do to keep arts and humanities in Utah vibrant and thriving.
Do you like this page?