McKenzi Guymon // Unaffiliated // Emery County School Board District 1 (F)
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- I enjoy traveling and experiencing new things and exploring. The arts and history are what makes travel enjoyable to me
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- Broadening horizons
Items of Business I support:
- K-6 Students should have increased exposure to arts and humanities education
- 7-12 Students should have increased exposure to arts and humanities education
- I support the POPS (Professional Outreach Program in the Schools) which sends 13 professional arts organizations to all UT school districts
- I support the iSEE (Informal Science Educational Enhancement) which sends 10 professional science, zoological, and natural history organizations to all UT school districts
- I support working to increase funding for arts and humanities education.
How would you expand participation in the arts and humanities amongst all students?
- Broader exposure to a variety of arts and humanities to help oneself discover their own passion
Do you like this post?