Mark Clement // Republican // Alpine School Board District 4
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- My children have all been involved in band and orchestra and I feel it has helped them in their math and science classes.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- Investing in arts projects that have tangible returns.
Items of Business I support:
- Credit requirements for participation in the arts and humanities should be increased
- K-6 Students should have increased exposure to arts and humanities education
- 7-12 Students should have increased exposure to arts and humanities education
- I support the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program which puts one arts specialist in most elementary schools
- I support increasing funding for arts education with property tax
- I support increasing funding for humanities and social sciences education with property tax
- I support working to increase funding for arts and humanities education.
How would you expand participation in the arts and humanities amongst all students?
- More after school programs
Anything else we should know about you?
Do you like this page?