Kathie Darby // Democratic // Utah House of Representatives District 9 (A+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: Humanitarian groups helped me as a teen mom and a mother who lost a child 6 years later. This is whey I have volunteered locally for over 40 years with humanitarian and cultural groups.
Explanations or Comments:
I feel as though we need beauty and culture in the world. We need to explore everyone's culture and art to understand the diversity of this beautiful world we live in. Children and adults should participate in this effort often.
Do you like this page?