John Casperson // Democrat // Kane County Commissioner Seat 1B (A-)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
I am an author of six non fiction books, four of which are still in print. The seventh book entitled Yougottabekiddinme!: Memoirs of an Airline Gate Agent will be published by Page Publishing this autumn. Life is more than a paycheck, the essence of life is the expression of art and creativity.