Leads, establishes, executes and oversees all functions of administration and management for the Division in accordance with the laws and general policies established by the Salt Lake County Mayor, County Council and the Community Services Department. Plans, manages, and coordinates all programs and functions for the Division. Direct oversight of the Division budget, fiscal controls and employee supervision. Work with the Community Services team to develop and implement long term strategic & organizational policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration or other closely related field, plus eight (8) years of related experience in a position of progressively more responsible experience including supervisor, management, leadership, budgetary or project management OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the four (4) years required supervisory experience.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration, or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of related experience in a position of progressively more responsible experience including supervisor, management, leadership, budgetary or project management; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the four (4) years required supervisory experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with a Master's Degree and/or background in Art Administration.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provides leadership in short and long range planning to accomplish operational planning and development goals and objectives.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures necessary to the effective management and operation of the Division in alignment with the Department and Mayor’s Office.
- Advises management of industry trends and legislative changes affecting programs.
- Defines metrics and outcome measurements that will quantify performance against goals, and establishes a system for obtaining and reporting those measurements.
- Evaluates the need and efficiencies of all Division programs and services. Enhances and streamlines existing processes to increase effectiveness.
- Directs the preparation, justification, and administration of the Division’s budget. Ensures that adequate fiscal controls are in place.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates activities through managers and supervisors, which includes hiring, firing, promoting, orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisal and discipline.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents the County and the Division to community groups and the general public.
- Develops and implements strategies to meet revenue projections, generate new revenue sources, and reduce costs of services while maintaining high quality.
- Develops fair, equitable, and competitive rental rates and service charge structures for commercial and community users of the facilities.
- Participates with Center for the Arts Advisory Board Chair and Vice-Chair to manage agendas, meetings, objectives, and functions of the Board.