Utah Cultural Alliance Administration & Advocacy Fellowship (Internship)
About UCA: In existence since 1980, the Utah Cultural Alliance is dedicated to: advancing grassroots involvement in public policy; fostering a sense of community through cultural events; nurturing collaboration between cultural organizations, government, private business, and individuals; developing a dynamic cultural environment by drawing from the richness of the past, the vitality of the present, and the promise of the future; and supporting both cultural creativity and preservation.
Responsibilities of the Admin Fellow:
- Receive in-depth experience in the inner workings of a cultural nonprofit
- Create weekly events newsletter
- Assist with managing the UCA website and social media presence
- Create marketing materials as needed for UCA
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) and board on the implementation of the strategic plan
- Assist ED in planning UCA programs and activities
- Receive experience with grant writing and development
- Other duties as needed pending on the interest and skills of the fellow
Responsibilities of the Advocacy Fellow:
- Attend all meetings and take notes for the following appropriations committees at the legislature: Business Economic Labor, Appropriations sub-committee, Natural Resources Appropriations sub-committee, Public Education Appropriations sub-committee, and Executive Appropriations
- Assist ED in drafting annual candidate survey
- Assist ED in drafting annual legislator score cards
- Assist ED in drafting advocacy materials
- Assist ED in planning Arts Day on the Hill
- Attend legislative lobbying meetings as interested/time permits
The ideal candidate is a student in a field related to arts, humanities, or nonprofit administration and is interested in pursuing a career in the field. Creativity is valued. Candidate must have excellent writing skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite is valued but not required. Candidate will learn how to use Adobe CS during the course of the fellowship.
Pay: $200/month, 20 hours/month
Advocacy Admin pays $500 during the legislative session (January - March)
Individual will be paid as a contractor and will be in charge of their own taxes.
To apply: please submit your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-652-0737. Deadline: Monday May 1st at 5pm
Do you like this post?