Jeff Stenquist // Republican // Utah House of Representatives District 51 (C)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
I was very involved with theater and music as a kid. It had a positive impact on my life including giving me the confidence to speak in public which I credit with allowing me to serve in public office.
I rely greatly on data and the circumstances of each proposal so it's difficult to commit to a broad position without specifics.