Greg Johnson // Republican // Utah House of Representatives District 46 (A)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: Yes, we have been season ticket holders for the last two years at the Eccles Broadway theater and have been moved, entertained, thrilled, and inspired by the various plays we've seen. Additionally, we have purchased other tickets to concerts and productions. My 21 year old daughter just graduated from DCAD, Delaware College of Art and Design and we have been deeply enriched by her work and growth as an artist over her years of public education in Utah and in Art School. I've also been deeply honored to serve as a member of the Arnold Friberg Foundation, the chariety arm of Friberg Fine Art. Society is blessed with enriching, uplifting efforts to expand a culture of art and beauty.
Explanations: Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your survey.
Do you like this page?