FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 31, 2017
OGDEN NATURE CENTER
966 W. 12th St., Ogden, UT 84404
Ogden, UT -- Outdoor concerts at the Ogden Nature Center combine an unrivaled outdoor setting with fresh, talented musicians! Held in the glen behind the rustic Visitor Center, these summer evenings invite you to bring a picnic blanket, take off your shoes, enjoy a sunset, and tap your toes to some amazing, live music.
Bring your family and friends, a picnic dinner, drinks, low-rise chairs or a blanket, and enjoy an outdoor concert at the Ogden Nature Center.
The Sweet Remains, June 22, 7 pm
Tickets are $20 for adults / $10 for children 12 and under
At the door $24 for adults / $12 for children
THE SWEET REMAINS is an unusual band on today's music scene, headed by 3-gifted and charismatic singer-songwriters, each of whom contribute to the writing and 3-part harmonies that define the band's sound. Driven by strong lyrical and melodic writing, their songs easily appeal to fans of modern folk-rockers like Jason Mraz, Ray Lamontagne, and John Mayer. However, it is their lush harmonies, that harken back to super-groups of the 60's and 70's like the Eagles and Simon & Garfunkel. In the fall of 2010, The Sweet Remains conducted their first European tour hitting clubs in Denmark and Germany. In 2011, their song "What I'm Looking For" was featured in various placements including a Subaru car ad campaign and with Eddie Bauer.
Listen to The Sweet Remains at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTtVfm0GDA
Josaleigh Pollett and The Strangers -- August 5, 7 pm
Tickets are $12 for adults / $8 for children 12 and under
At the door $15 for adults / $10 for children
JOSALEIGH POLLETT AND THE STRANGERS Warm, smooth, folksie... get ready for a local treat! Josaleigh will play a solo set and a set with her full band including acoustic guitar, lead guitar, cello, bass, piano, banjo and two back-up vocalists.
“A writer of heartwarming folk music, Josaleigh was born and raised in Ogden, just miles from Salt Lake City. She grew up in a musical family, picking up an instrument at a young age and quickly developing a desire to create her own intimate brand of folk.” - Tyler Bowles, SALT Artists
Listen to Josaleigh Pollett and The Strangers at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vcBCfCRpHk
Tickets may be purchased:
• Online at www.ogdennaturecenter.org <http://www.ogdennaturecenter.org>
• By phone at 801-621-7595
• In person at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden
• Concerts begin at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
• Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets -- they are all welcome.
• The concerts will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered when you purchase concert tickets! $11 each. Choices include:
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following for making the Ogden Nature Center Summer Concerts possible: The Standard Examiner, Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Joan Evans Ahlf, and Courtyard Marriott Ogden.