Craig Hall // Republican // Utah House of Representatives District 33 (A+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: I played the piano extensively while growing up. I played competitively for several years. I still play the piano and organ today. Playing the piano had an extremely positive impact on my life. I recognize the positive impacts of arts education in my own life, and will continue to support the arts, culture and humanities in my legislative service. I have demonstrated such support throughout my legislative service. The last scorecard from the Utah Cultural Advocacy Alliance that I can find (2017) listed me as a "Cultural Legislative Champion."
Explanations or Comments:
I have enjoyed supporting the arts and humanities throughout my legislative service. As mentioned before, I appreciate being recognized by UCAA as a "Cultural Legislative Champion" in the past, and look forward to working with such a great group in the future.
Do you like this page?