We are all standing witness to a history that will be told for generations. Such a time calls for introspective creativity and resilience that's common to the arts and humanities. No one will be exempted from the impacts of COVID-19. While we recognize that attention must be paid first and foremost on the life-saving work happening at this moment in time, including social distancing and increased testing, we also need to do better than simply live. Before Utah can begin its recovery, it's important to know what recovery is needed. It is in this spirit of unity that we collect and release the following sobering data.
Utah Cultural Alliance is proud to partner with Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, Utah Division of Arts & Museums, Utah Humanities, Utah Museums Association, Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts, and Parks (ZAP), and Salt Lake City Arts Council to measure the impacts of COVID-19 on our cultural sector. We are proud to work together to support what Utah needs to recover its physical, emotional, and fiscal health.
How has COVID impacted you? Please take our SURVEY:
We invite all who care about the arts, museums, and humanities to:
Let us know how you or your organization is being impacted financially here. (Survey is co-hosted by Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, Utah Division of Arts & Museums, Utah Cultural Alliance, Utah Humanities, Utah Museums Association, Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts, and Parks (ZAP), and Salt Lake City Arts Council).
Sign our petition asking elected officials to set aside funding to support the cultural sector during this crisis
Donate to our fund to support individual artists and scholars.
Donate to the state's fund to support cultural nonprofits.
- Or, donate directly to cultural nonprofits who are cancelling events over the next few weeks. Especially, donate your tickets instead of requesting refunds. You can find nonprofit websites here.
nowplayingutah.com is tracking which events are cancelled. Please contact us at [email protected] to notify us of cancellations.
Find virtual events on nowplayingutah.com. You can support the arts and humanities from home!
Participate in weekly conference calls for the cultural sector (click here for a schedule)
Explore COVID resources including grants, SBA loans, and more for recovery that we've put together for UCA Members*
- Attend webinars for the cultural sector with trainings on surviving COVID (click here for a schedule // click here for past webinars)
- Show off how you're participating in culture while #stayinghome! Creating art and engaging in the humanities is a great way to keep your sanity while keeping all of us healthy. Tag #utculturefromhome on any social media platform. We'll amplify what you post!
- COVID-19 Language Accessible Resources
- COVID Recovery Resources for UCA Members including streaming resources, program apps, videostreaming, and funding opportunities*
- Federal Relief Funds for Culture within the CARE act* including NEA, NEH, and forgivable SBA loans
- State Relief: Utah Leads Together Plan 1.0 // our summary of the impacts to culture* or click here to read the full plan
- State Relief: Utah Leads Together 2.0 // click here for the plan // click here for industry guidelines for reopening // click here for our summary.
- Regional, county, and city Relief options*
- Information on Forgivable SBA Payroll Protection Loans and Disaster Relief Loans*
- FMLA and Sick Leave info for Employers*
- Recordings of Cultural Sector COVID Webinars
- COVID-19 Resources for UT Cultural Organizations
- COVID-19 Resources for Business: coronavirus.utah.gov/business
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits & Info for Employers about Unemployment: jobs.utah.gov
- SBA Updates Criteria on States for Requesting Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Salt Lake City’s Emergency Loan Program
- Salt Lake City Business Relief Hotline - can be reached at (385) 468-4011 and can be called Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., to provide Utahns working beyond a 9-5 schedule greater flexibility. Those unable to call can also reach out to [email protected] with questions, which will provide replies as soon as possible.
- Americans for the Arts
- How Covid-19 Is Impacting Intentions to Visit Cultural Entities DATA
- American Alliance of Museums
- League of American Orchestras
- DANCE USA
- Grantsmakers in the Arts
- American Library Association
- National Coalition for Arts' Preparedness & Emergency Response
- Enrichment Activities for Children While Parents are Working Remotely
- Museum Lesson Plans for Families
- CARES Act and Unemployment Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
- Racial Equity & Inclusion Fund
DOWNLOADABLE SIGNS FOR USE IN BUSINESSES
- Social Distancing Sign
- Protecting Employees and Customers Sign
- Wear Mask Sign
- Symptoms Sign
- General Symptoms Sign
*must be logged in with an active membership to view these pages
Do you like this page?