Chris Stewart // Republican // Congressional District 2 (B+)
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- Art highlights the beauty of the world, it touches and inspires us in deep and profound ways. I have been blessed throughout my career to travel the world and experience and appreciate so many different cultures and have made long lasting friendships in cultures that stereotypically would not cultivate friendly relationships.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
I support the following federal agencies and will work to increase fiscally responsible investment in them:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
If I win, I will join the following cultural caucuses:
- Congressional Humanities
- Congressional STEAM
Forgivable loans available from the Small Business Administration have been vitally important to helping the cultural industry recover from COVID-19:
- I support increasing federal funding in SBA COVID loans and keeping them open for nonprofits
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- While working hard to reduce federal debt and spending on the Appropriations and Budget committees while maintaining the importance of the arts and humanities in education.
Do you like this post?