Chris Neville // Democrat // Utah House of Representatives District 53 (A)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
In my school-age years I split my time between band, drama, athletics, and work. I believe that this well rounded childhood helped improve my work ethic, problem solving skills, social awareness, and helped turn me into a well-adjusted adult. It is important that those who might lack opportunity in other areas life have access to arts, culture, and humanities, to give them every advantage they can get.