Brian Gorum // Republican // Utah State Senate District 26 (B+)
1. Should government invest in funding the arts and humanities at fiscally responsible levels?
2. Do you support investing money into K-12 arts and humanities education at fiscally responsible levels?
3. Do you believe that arts and humanities education should be required in the k-12 curriculum?
4. Do you consider the arts and culture sector to be an economic driver in Utah?
5. Do you support Utah's Percent-for-Art Act, which designates 1% of public building costs for public art?
6. Do you support preserving the Utah Historic Preservation Tax Credit?
7. Do you support policy that positively impacts tourism, such as the creation of historic and cultural districts?
8. Have you had a personal experience with arts, culture, or humanities that has had an impact on your life? Please explain. (responses to this question were not graded)
Answer: I was a board member for 10 years on the Uintah Arts Council. I helped with photography shows, concerts, the Outlaw Trails Theatre ( outdoor plays in Vernal ) and even acted in South Pacific (they were desperate! ).
Explanations or Comments:
As a hopeful representative of Rural UT, I think that is imperative to bring "culture" for the areas off of the I-15 corridor. What I loved about working with the Uintah Arts Council was that we were able to partner with other organizations in the community to further the arts.
Do you like this page?