Bob Webster // Constitution Party // Pleasant Grove School Board District 9
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- My undergaduate years were in a liberal arts university.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- I think public education should be free of entangling alliances with financial sponsors.
Items of Business I support:
- I support the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program which puts one arts specialist in most elementary schools
- I support the POPS (Professional Outreach Program in the Schools) which sends 13 professional arts organizations to all UT school districts
- I support the iSEE (Informal Science Educational Enhancement) which sends 10 professional science, zoological, and natural history organizations to all UT school districts
- I support working to increase funding for arts and humanities education.
How would you expand participation in the arts and humanities amongst all students?
- By letting the employed workers earn & keep a more tax-free income, they'll have the money to support local Health, Education and Welfare.
Anything else we should know about you?
- I resist establishment political policies, am anti evolution and Common Core.
Do you like this page?