Ben McAdams // Democrat // Congressional District 4 // A+
How have the arts, culture, and/or humanities impacted your life?
- We believe a healthy, strong community is one in which creativity, empathy, humanity and meaningful action can be achieved through artistic expression and diverse cultural experiences.
Utah's humanities and arts employ 123,000 Utahns, provide $4.4 billion in earnings, and $13.2 billion in sales. This is a larger economic impact than agriculture, mining, and real estate. Do you consider the arts and cultural sector an economic driver in Utah?
I support the following federal agencies and will work to increase fiscally responsible investment in them:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
If I win, I will join the following cultural caucuses:
- Congressional Humanities
- Congressional Arts
- Congressional STEAM
Forgivable loans available from the Small Business Administration have been vitally important to helping the cultural industry recover from COVID-19:
- I support increasing federal funding in SBA COVID loans and keeping them open for nonprofits
Fiscally responsible government investment in the arts and humanities (including humanities and arts education) means to me:
- Fiscally responsible investment in the arts and humanities is an excellent way for federal, state, and local governments to support and foster a greater understanding and appreciation for the world around us.
Anything else we should know about you?
- No answer given
Do you like this post?