Feel free to use any of the following talking points as your talk to your elected officials about the importance of arts, humanities, and cultural businesses:
- See our "why arts & humanities matter" page
National funding pointers:
- UT arts organizations receive $1,196,000 from the NEA. There are grant recipients in all four of Utah’s Congressional districts.
- UT cultural organizations receive over $1,700,000 from the NEH. There are grant recipients in all four of Utah’s Congressional districts.
- $9,400,410 million dollars comes annually to UT via Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- $1,853,000 comes to Utah from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- That $14,149,410 in annual federal funding for UT organizations is a significant part of our success.
- Collectively, NEA and NEH funds represent just 0.008 percent of the budget Federal dollars are controlled locally.
- 40% ($47.3 million) of the NEA budget is given directly to state arts agencies.
- Federal agencies such as NEH, NEA, CPB, and IMLS are important policy makers, preservationists and archivists, and collect data vital to making our case.