Utah Film Center’s members, artists, staff, board, volunteers, partners, and community members believe in the incredible power of film to change the world.
This year, through the support of our community, we have:
- Provided curated platforms for filmmakers to share their important stories. 31% of our films were directed or co-directed by women, 3x higher than the industry average.
- Created forums for local audiences to discuss ideas with visiting artists and professionals. Over 20% of our free film screenings had a post-film discussion or Q&A.
- Furthered teachers’ professional development with trainings in digital technology and filmmaking. Our education team worked with over 170 teachers.
- Nurtured the next generation of independent filmmakers and critical thinkers through in-classroom media education presentations. We instructed over 6,000 Utah students.
- Supported new works by artists through Fiscal Sponsorship. We supported 92 projects, including two premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival.
Even with our devastating office fire this past March we were able to continue our work because of YOU. Whether it was a message of encouragement; donations; attendance at our screenings or fundraising events; offers of coffee, office space, furnishings, media coverage, or any number of other forms of support, it was deeply appreciated by the board and staff.
We are excited for all that is ahead for Utah Film Center and ask that you please consider making a year end gift to help us sustain these meaningful programs - 86% of which are completely free to attend.
Thank you for being part of our story!