Join UCA and Utah Division of Arts & Museums for the first Annual Meeting of Executive Directors & Senior Management working at cultural organizations and businesses! We have revamped our professional development offerings and have replaced our Culture Bytes panels with half day conferences. Our new training format also serves as an annual meeting for various jobs in the cultural sector. This incldues both nonprofit cultural organziations and for-profit businesses and sole proprietorships. Registration includes lunch!
- 8am // Registration opens & networking
- 9am // Fraser Nelson (Sorenson Impact Center): Building a Deep Bench
- 10am // CEO Roundtable: Lessons from the For-Profit Sector (Speakers include representatives from Meghan Touhig, VP of People Care at Overstock, Senator Luz Escamilla VP of Community Development Group at Zions Bank, and Darla Mears, VP of Sales at Kodiak Cakes)
- 11am // Developing Employees Discussion Facilitated by Wendi Hassan (Cache Valley Centre for the Arts) & Senator Luz Escamilla (Zions Bank)
- 12pm // Keynote Luncheon -- "pARTnership Movement"* by Jessica Stern (Americans for the Arts)
- 1pm // Networking
- 1:30pm // Policymaking discussion with Utah Cultural Alliance
Thank you to Utah Division of Arts & Museums for co-sponsoring this meeting and partnering with UCA to bring Jessica to UT and thank you to Eccles Theatre for hosting this conference in their beautiful building!
Thank you to Number 6 and Showgear for their financial and in-kind sponsorships of this meeting!
Registration includes lunch. Please contact [email protected] if you have an special dietary needs, restrictions, or allergies.
The afternoon session is the Annual Meeting for Cultural Marketers. Special pricing is available for attending both meetings. The luncheon is part of both annual meetings. Details for Cultural Marketers Annual Meeting: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-annual-meeting-marketing-staff-at-cultural-organizations-tickets-44825650728
Directions: We will be in the black box of Eccles Theatre. Enter this from REGENT STREET which is on the east side of Eccles Theatre, one street east from Main Street. The entrance is in the south east corner of the building.
Parking: We recommend parking at City Creek. 2 hours free!
*pARTnership Movement - demonstrates how arts partnerships help businesses enhance the critical thinking and creative skills of their workforce. It also prepares arts organizations to partner with businesses in new and innovative ways. Learn more: https://www.americansforthearts.org/by-program/promotion-and-recognition/visibility-campaigns/partnership-movement
Our first five annual meeting deep dives will include: Executive Directors & Senior Management (May 17), Marketing (May 17), Education (July), Fundraising (Sept 13), and Diversity & Inclusion (Fall). Stay tuned for more details!
Do you like this page?
$50.00 USD · Purchase tickets