SAVE THE DATE
September 11–17, 2016
Passed by Congress in 2010, House Resolution 275 designates the week beginning with the second Sunday in September as National Arts in Education Week. During this week, the field of arts education joins together in communities across the country to tell the story of the impact of the transformative power of the arts in education. We hope that you can participate:
1.) Celebrate. Host a celebration in your community. Whether big or small, an existing event, or a new one. Download and use the shared logo and be sure to register your event on ArtsMeet, a national arts event calendar.
2.) Advocate. Work with your elected officials and decision-makers to share the value of the arts in education. Whether a mayor, principal, or U.S. Congressman, check out sample resolutions, videos, and the Arts Education Navigator—an online tool with six action steps to crafting a personal advocacy plan.
3.) Participate. Share your story in the social media campaign, #BecauseOfArtsEd, to bring national visibility to the issue of arts education. See below for more information. Participate in #ArtsEdChat each night of the week at 8:00 p.m. (ET). Also, be sure to attend and invite friends to the Facebook Event.
An essential part of National Arts in Education Week is visibility. This is your chance to tell your own personal story about the transformative power of the arts in education on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Whether you are an individual or an organization, you can share your story using #BecauseOfArtsEd on social media and use hashtag #ArtsEdWeek for anything related to the week.
- Post on Facebook. Tell the world your #BecauseOfArtsEd story on Facebook. Let us know what you are doing now in work and life and how arts education has a positive impact with a photo! Be sure to use #ArtsEdWeek, too.
- Send a tweet. Share your quick #BecauseOfArtsEd story on Twitter. Be sure to include an image or video along with #ArtsEdWeek.
- Share a photo. Post your favorite arts education photo on Instagram along with your #BecauseOfArtsEd story about the impact of arts education on your life. Be sure to use #ArtsEdWeek.
- Be sure to check out the #BecauseOfArtsEd blog salon on ARTSblog starting onSeptember 12.
Equity in arts education has become the topic of the year among arts educators, administrators, funders, and advocates. Fostering inclusive arts education by specifically addressing the needs of diverse student populations can contribute to our field achieving its goal of being equitable, diverse, and inclusive. Each day during the week of September 12–16, hear from experts about the research and strategies in specific areas of inclusion. These daily webinars will be held at 3:00 p.m. (ET) and last no more than 30 minutes. To continue the conversation, join Jeff M. Poulin (@JeffMPoulin) and special guests for an #ArtsEdChat from8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. (ET) by following the specified hashtag. Register for the #ArtsEdChats today. You can either view them live or throughout the week. The topics include:
- Monday, September 12, 3:00 p.m ET: The Changing Demographics in Education. Use #Demographics. Register for the Changing Demographics in Education webinar now!
- Tuesday, September 13, 3:00 p.m. ET: English Language Learners. Use #ELLchat. Register for the English Language Learners webinar now!
- Wednesday, September 14, 3:00 p.m. ET: Autism Spectrum Disorders. Use #ASD. Register for the Autism Spectrum Disorders webinar now!
- Thursday, September 15, 3:00 p.m. ET: Social and Emotional Learning. use #SEL. Register for Social Emotional Learning webinar now!
- Friday, September 16, 3:00 p.m. ET: Career and Technical Education. Use #CTE. Register for the Career and Technical Education Webinar now!
Want more from Americans for the Arts? Check out the services below.
MEMBERSHIP DONATE EVENTS STORE RESEARCH ADVOCACY JOB BANK
Washington, DC Office
1000 Vermont Avenue NW, 6th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
T 202.371.2830 | F 202.371.0424
New York City Office
One East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022
T 212.223.2787 | F 212.980.4857
Visit Us Online:
Newsletter: AFTA Creativity Connection (Aug 23)
Do you like this post?