Job Announcement: Center for Educational Access Program Officer
Utah Humanities seeks a Program Officer for its Center for Educational Access for an opening available April 1, 2017. This person will oversee two multi-site, statewide educational programs offered in partnership with school districts and institutions of higher education: the adult Venture Course in the Humanities and the high school Clemente Course. The Program Officer will also work with UH staff to identify new opportunities to use the humanities to improve access to education for all people. Other duties include collaborating with communications and development staff to promote the Center and reporting to and working with UH’s Executive Director and nonprofit board of directors.
- Two+ years of experience with nonprofit and/or educational organizations or schools
- Two+ years of experience with marginalized populations (low-income, ethnically diverse, refugee, immigrant)
- Experience working in partnership with nonprofit or educational institutions
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing public and higher education in Utah
- Experience with grant-writing
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- B.A. degree or equivalent
- Passion for the humanities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- M.A. or Ph.D. in a humanities field
- Humanities teaching experience in high school and/or college classrooms
- Conversant in Spanish
- Innovative thinker
- Experience with filemaker database
- Familiarity with Utah’s cultural and educational sectors
- Full-time position with generous benefits
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
- UH is an equal opportunity employer.
Utah Humanities is a well-respected, independent nonprofit organization. With a broad range of statewide programs and services, UH empowers individuals and groups to improve their communities through active engagement in the humanities. Funding sources include individuals, foundations, corporations, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the State of Utah, and the Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts, and Parks Fund, comprising an annual budget of approximately $1 million. See www.utahhumanities.org.
Send 1) a letter of application describing your interest in the position and your applicable experience related to the qualifications listed above, 2) a current resume, and 3) contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.