Program & Events Manager
The Park City Film Series (Film Series) is seeking a part-time Program & Events Manager (20- hours per week) with the potential to grow this into a full time position. The selected candidate will work closely with the Executive Director and be responsible for helping to program, promote and execute special events such as the Reel Community Series, Books 2 Movies and Dual Language Immersion film programs, and post-film Q&A’s/panels to support our weekend film programs.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Researching appropriate films for the three community programs offered by the Film Series – Reel Community Series, Books 2 Movies and DLI Film Program - under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Identifying opportunities for community engagement through the curation of post-film speakers and panels to accompany the Film Series’ weekend and community programs.
• Copy editing weekly print ads for publication in local/regional papers as well as the monthly film calendar.
• Provide planning and operational support for special fundraising events – Live PC Give PC, Fall Fundraiser, Private member events/screenings and the annual Oscar Party.
• Recruitment and coordination of volunteers for Sundance Film Festival concession operations.
• Managing the social media presence for the Film Series on Instagram.
• Insuring clear communication about the programs and events offered by the Film Series to both patrons, members and members of the general public that are interested in independent film.
The Film Series Program and Events Manager will work under the supervision of Film Series Executive Director in the main Park City Film Series office inside the Park City Library Building.
Required Skills: Strong organizational skills and event planning experience. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, be able to speak in front of large crowds and be proficient with MS Office Suite, Internet and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Interest in Independent Film and/or filmmaking is required. Must be a self-starter, well organized and able to work on nights and weekends as determined by the programming schedule – particularly important during the annual Sundance Film Festival in late January. Day-time work hours outside of the Sundance Film Festival are flexible.
Desired Skills: Knowledge of the Park City community and non-profit organizations. Knowledge of film exhibition, specifically art house cinema programming. Ability to create and adapt Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or Acrobat files for print publication.
Terms of Employment: This is a permanent position that the organization intends to upgrade to a full-time position as funds become available. Compensation is commensurate with experience in the range of $15-$17/hour. Work hours are flexible. Preferred start date: August 22, 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email (do not mail) your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by August 1, 2016.
About the Park City Film Series
The Park City Film Series is Summit County’s only nonprofit Art House Cinema. A Park City staple since 1999, the Film Series has established itself as a vital, contributing member of the local community. We accomplish this not only through the screening of independent, foreign and documentary films each weekend, but also through our programming of post-screening Q&A’s and panel discussions that deepen the community dialogue around the issues raised by the films we screen. We also provide opportunities for emerging filmmakers to hone their craft as well as showcase their work in a public space, support area non-profits through film-based fundraisers and free community screenings and provide special programming for children to enhance their literacy skills and build cultural understanding. Our vision is to use film as a medium to entertain, inspire and educate our patrons, helping Park City remain a well informed and engaged mountain community. Our mission is to create community through film.
The Park City Film Series is an equal opportunity employer. For details on the Park City Film Series, please visit: www.parkcityfilmseries.com.