Plan-B Theatre Company seeks a half-time Education Coordinator to begin work as close to May 1, 2017 as possible.
The Education Coordinator is a Theatre Specialist that reports to the Artistic Director and is responsible for leading and advancing the Free Elementary School Tour within, but not limited to, the “Education at Plan-B” statement below, as well as some Fundraising.
The Education Coordinator will be Plan-B’s liaison with all K-6 schools and FEST producing partners.
The Education Coordinator is also responsible for developing and maintaining a proactive working relationship with the Utah State Office of Education’s (USOE) Professional Outreach Program in the Schools (POPS).
The Education Coordinator is fully responsible for the annual Free Elementary School Tour which alternates between grades K-3 and 4-6. Duties include (but are not limited to):
– creating and maintaining annual touring schedule.
– assisting in the development of each year’s production.
– creating and circulating study guide.
– acting as company manager/stage manager on tour, which may include overnight travel.
– acting as liaison with all schools in Utah.
– traveling to schools in Utah separate from the tour as needed.
– coordinating as needed with producing partners.
– Assist Artistic Director with education-specific grant research and writing
– Assist Managing Director with education-specific grant reporting and management
– Assist Artistic Director with Love Utah Give Utah and #GivingTuesday
Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have:
– a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre (or equivalent experience).
– practical experience with Theatre for Young Audiences.
– practical experience in theatre education, preferably K-6 classroom experience.
– the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
– a strong commitment to arts education advocacy.
– access to a vehicle in working order and current driver’s license.
– strong writing and public speaking skills.
– proficiency—not just familiarity—in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word) and social media.
$20,000/year, non-negotiable. No no fringe except accrued vacation and personal time and paid holidays.
The Education Coordinator position requires an average of 20 hours/week from the final week of January through mid-September and a full-time commitment from mid-September through the third week of November. There will then be a paid break from the last week of November through the third week of January. Schedule negotiable except Mid-September through the third week of November.
Plan-B Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. The company employs administrative and artistic personnel without consideration of race, creed, color, (dis)ability, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
Qualified applicants encouraged to apply by 5pm on Friday, April 14. Please email your cover letter and resume to Jerry Rapier, Artistic Director.