Director of Development
The I.J. & Jeanné Wagner Jewish Community Center, an educational, cultural and recreational facility serving the Jewish community and the metropolitan Salt Lake City community at large seeks an experienced development professional to lead its financial resource development efforts. This position encompasses an annual campaign in excess of $500,000 and capital campaign as well as endowment and planned giving campaigns to ensure the growth and future security of this vital community resource. The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Development:
• Develops and implements the agency campaign plan each year
• Staffs the board fundraising and major fundraising event committees
• Works closely with the board of directors and other community leaders and donors
• Cultivates and nurtures donors as well as does face-to-face solicitations
• Directs annual campaign and affinity programs
• Manages capital campaign
• Oversees grant proposal process to secure funding from foundations and government agencies
• Directs sponsorship solicitations
• Plans and supervises fundraising and donor appreciation events
• Supervises the financial resource development staff team
• Manage and increase endowment and planned giving campaigns
• Works in consultation with all departments at the JCC to enhance their ability to serve the community
• Participates in management meetings
• Creates and monitors department budget
• Ensure that fundraising software is used optimally and participate in conversations regarding upgrades and/or changes in fundraising software
The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and listening skills, understand the mission of the JCC, bring a visionary zeal to the position and be an organized self-starter.
A minimum of five years of successful annual and capital campaign experience is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree is required. Knowledge of the Jewish community is helpful.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to: